To overcome the barriers existing to date for the application of educational simulations especially in the field of project management (PM), the myPMgame Canvas© presents a 12 stages development framework for the straightforward conceptualization and modular refinement of educational simulations with special orientation towards the project-oriented industries.
The application of the this method displays the following advantages:
- The myPMgame Canvas© is a low-threshold approach for the practical development of individual PM game projects.
- Due to its universal character, it is equally employable for educational simulations in the academic context as well as in vocational training and further education.
- The holistic view on the section of simulated and depicted reality is promoted.
- Reciprocal interactions between different elements of the system and their results are considered.
- The canvas can easily be fixed to a wall.
- It grants immediate access to the development and initiates prompt discussion in a developer team.
- At the end of the design, the canvas can represent a solid basis for the definition of specifications for external developers of educational simulations.
- The definition and assessment of requirements specification for the solution of the above-mentioned development problem is facilitated.
- Simplifies classification and evaluation of already existing educational game concepts and therefore can serve as an instrument for the selection of existing PM games.
- Represents a method which promotes the transfer of individual knowledge and experience between the participants.
Download the myPMgame Canvas© and start designing your first project management game.